Step 4: How to Enroll
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child in Highland Park Independent School District. Please review the content on this page before beginning the online enrollment process to ensure you have all the materials needed to complete enrollment.
*The earliest date on which enrollment materials for the 2021-22 school year may be submitted online is February 16, 2021.
HPISD welcomes all students who meet the district residency and State of Texas age and health requirements. A student must live within HPISD's boundary to attend school.
Confirm Attendance Zone
Before starting the enrollment process families may need to determine the attendance zone in which they live. The below links are provided to assist families in determining residency eligibility to attend HPISD and University Park Elementary School.
- Copy of one of the following in its entirety: a closing statement or deed of trust or warranty deed or current lease of reasonable duration; and
- Copy of current electric or water utility bill at the same address; and
- Copy of parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license or Texas ID card at the same address.
- Student’s Certified Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Immunization records (required by state law to be current in order to start school)
- Parent ID (i.e. Driver's License or State ID)
- Copy of custody papers/parenting plans/custody restrictions, etc., if applicable
- Student name
- Parent/Guardian name
- Parent/Guardian contact information (phone numbers, physical address, email)