UP Cafeteria runs on “volunteer power!"Thank you for serving our children and staff in the Cafeteria.
- Cafeteria Finance Chair: Amanda Cejka email@example.com
- Cafeteria Volunteer Coordinator: Sarah Low firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cafeteria Cashier Coordinator: Ruhee Reyer email@example.com
- Cafeteria Server Coordinator: Amy Fasano firstname.lastname@example.org
The UP Cafeteria is staffed by parent and grandparent volunteers who serve a recurring shift each month.
- Dads Serve on the 4th Friday of each month (recurring).
- Grandparents Serve on the 2nd Monday of each month (recurring).
- Grandparents and Dads are welcome to serve on other days that better suit their schedules.
Shift 10:15am - 1:15pm
- 6 volunteers per shift
- 3 roles this year:
- Packing food
- Serving tables
- Use VSP to check your shifts
- Submit a sub request via VSP
- Communicate with your Day Captain
- Be on time
- At this time, no desserts will be served and no seconds will be given
- Submit Form: Cafeteria Volunteer Guidelines and Hand Washing Acknowledgment (one-time submission)
- Check your temperature at home, the day of your shift
- Hat (& hair tied back, ladies)
- Volunteer Badge* - given the first time your check in. Keep this badge the whole year.
- Scan QR code at door (before entering office)
- Scan badge at front office* (temperature will also be taken)
- Leave belongings in lockers provided (located in the kitchen, across from Tonia’s office)
- Wash hands (as often as you need to)
- Put on Apron, Gloves and Face Shield (all provided)
- Leave your face shield and apron in the red basket at the back door
- Remember to take your belongings from the lockers
- Check-out (Scan badge at the front office)
- Remind crew the morning of shift (via text or email)
- Be sure they RSVP
- Contact Volunteer Coordinators if more than 2 volunteers are unable to work their shift
*It is NOT the day captain’s responsibility to find you a sub
- If you registered your family online in Back to School Sign-UP (BSSU) before August 7th, 2020, you and your spouse will have usernames established in VSP. Don’t know your username and password, click “Forgot?” and use the same email address(es) used in BSSU to have your username and password reset instructions emailed to you.
- If you registered your family after August 10th, 2019 (not through BSSU), you will not have a username in VSP. Click here to enroll and create a profile in VSP. Please also complete the Volunteer Registration and Consent Form. You will be providing consent for a background check required by the HPISD for all volunteers.
- If you are a new grandparent volunteer, go to enroll with VSP. Please also complete the Volunteer Registration and Consent Form.
- Having difficulties with your VSP login, contact the VSP Administrator, Elisabeth McHugh, email@example.com
- Once you login to VSP, you will select the 2020-2021 Cafeteria Schedule to find cafeteria positions available for you to “volunteer now”.